Monday 14 July 2008

CDS 140708-IND DRS LVNG VK -Hypocrisy is the homage which vice pays to virtue. -- La Rochefoucauld


////////////SMH LOCM

///////////Hypocrisy is the homage which vice pays to virtue.
-- La Rochefoucauld



/////////////////
Learning is not compulsory, neither is survival.

Peter Zwack
Business executive


///////////////////Truth has its own justification for being established, regardless of expediency. Two: Language, like religion, can divide people.



///////////////////DESH BADLA-VESH BADLO


////////////////I finally know what distinguishes man from the other beasts: financial worries.

— Jules Renard


////////////////A good night's sleep really does
improve the brain
Telegraph July 14, 2008
*************************
Sleep improves performance in skill
tasks, University of Geneva
scientists have found, based on fMRI
measurements. The results revealed
that a period of sleep following a
new experience can consolidate and
improve subsequent effects of
learning from the experience, they
suggest....
http://www.kurzweilai.net/email/newsRedirect.html?newsID=9035&m=33138



//////////////////////When Human Rights Extend to
Nonhumans
New York Times July 13, 2008
*************************
The environment committee of the
Spanish Parliament last month voted
to grant limited rights to our
closest biological relatives, the
great apes --chimpanzees, bonobos,
gorillas and orangutans. The
committee would bind Spain to the
principles of the Great Ape Project,
which points to apes' human
qualities, including the ability to
feel fear and...
http://www.kurzweilai.net/email/newsRedirect.html?newsID=9031&m=33138

THEN TO ANIMAL AND PLANT RIGHTS


//////////////////I am on-call today and did my ward rounds this morning and came
across a mum, young and bright, smiling and full of fun. This lady
has two children who are severely handicapped and she just adores
them, loves them and looks after them with so much love and
dedication. Children are 8 and 10 years old. She has to clean them
daily, feed them daily and her whole life revolves round them and she
does so well.

When I met her this morning and saw the way she cares for her
children made me wonder - Would I be able to cope and the answer was
No!. She made me humble and I realised 'After all life is about
perception, we human beings are not good at appreciating what we have
and what we got and worry about what we don't have.

If only we learn to enjoy what we have, what the God has given to us
and learn to be happy - How simple the life would be. May be that is
why she is so happy.

I was very proud of her and she taught me the meaning of life.

It is we make our life unhappy, it is we who are miserable, Life is
nothing but full of challenge and it is how we look at it is what
matters.

I wish I could be like her!

Regards

Dr P



//////////////////////////////Chapter I: The Yoga of Arjuna's Despondancy

I.28,29. Arjuna said(to Krishna):
Seeing these, my kinsmen, O Krishna, arrayed eager to fight, my
limbs fail and my mouth is parched, my body quivers and my hair
stands on end.

I.30. The (bow) Gandiva slips from my hand, and also my skin burns
all over; I am unable even to stand and my mind is reeling, as it
were.



///////////////

No comments: