Monday 12 December 2022

SNOWY PVMNT ADMIN OFF TO W11 NO CLNC MNDAYS

 



A

a

‘Monks, there are three kinds of suffering. Suffering caused by pain, suffering caused by conditioned existence, and suffering due to change.’

The Buddha — SN 45.165SUFFRNG- PCeCa

I have meditated for 39 years so i guess i am decent enough to answer.

It took me daily practice for 6 months to learn how to do the basics.

I would imagine you could learn very much faster if you are taught or guided.(i did it on my own).

I started with progressive muscular relaxation(which was a great way to start) then moved onto guided visualisation and self hypnosis.

One advantage is once i learnt it i find i can go into deep relaxation/meditation wherever i am,on the bus,when im ill,at a resteraunt,If i feel tense or anxious i always have meditation with me,entertaining,refreshing and anti anxiety in a few minutes.They should teach it in schools.

another advantage is i can always entertain myself and do something useful or enjoyable wherever i am,guided visualisation,positive thinking while meditating.

no.3 is i discovered there is more and more inside me to the point where now i feel there is as much to explore and discover inside me as there is in the world,which i feel is quite amazing.

no.4 when mixed with positive self talk and visualisation(self hypnosis),I have achieved astounding successes in my life.

no.5 about 7 years ago i was very very ill for an entire year,in deep pain and incapable of living,it was hell. Meditation reduced the pain by 40%. Meditation got me through while the doctors were sorting me out.I was in meditation for most of the year.Praise the Lord.


a


The purpose of meditation is getting to know and become one with your soul. Your body is mainly a composition of seven elements : carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus, sulphur and calcium. All there elements were created billions of years ago even before this planet came into existence. So your body is made of recycled material. Your body is just a tool. Your true identity is pure consciousness. The purpose of meditation is to become one with your soul. This is very difficult, but if achieved then you will have total control over the elements. So your first practice is non-attachment to the physical, then giving up all your physical experiences and your identity with them. Good luck!a

No comments: