Wednesday 20 February 2008

FI

F**k It is about moving from a position of being out of synch with the flow of life and our bodies into one where we let go into this flow and trust ourselves (and the flow of life) fully


////////////////////I listen to what my body is trying to tell me if I get a headache.
If something goes wrong, I listen to see what it’s got to tell me.
If one of my children is moody, I listen to try to work out what the real reason is.
If I have a big decision to make, I listen to the things that might not seem so obvious to point me in the right direction.
If my partner snaps at me over breakfast, I listen to find out why.
If I get a flat tyre I listen and wonder why (maybe I need to stay at home).
If I don’t feel in the mood for something, I listen, and usually don’t do it.
If an animal crosses my path, I listen and wonder what’s its meaning is.
I listen to the sounds outside when the light goes out at night.
I often sit completely still and listen to the feelings of my body, the sensation of my breath going in and out.
I listen to the seasons – and I will take it more easy in the winter than I do in the summer, just like nature does


//////////////////////////////But try opening this week. Opening to new possibilities. New ways of seeing. New ways of being. New interests. New people. New TV programmes.
Open to things (possibly) changing.
Open to hearing stuff; being told stuff; reading stuff – this week – that might make a big difference in your life.
Just opening like this can have a magical effect. Mark my words.

Say F**k It to the sleepwalking state that most of us live in… and commit to opening



/////////////////Power-Jacket Charges Laptops With Body Heat
12 Jan, 2008 Science
It takes a lot of energy to keep the human body warm. So why not harness that power? The Berkeley Lab at UC Berkeley plans to lace silicon nanowires into a power-jacket. The excess heat from the human body would be used to recharge portable electronic devices, such as cell-phones, PSP’s and laptops.
The process being developed is called “electroless etching,” where rough silicon nanowires are synthesized with silver ions on a flat wafer surface. These wafers would be woven into coats and the excess warmth given off by the body would be transformed into energy.




//////////////////////Chapter X: The Yoga of Divine ManifestationsX.26. ASHWATTHAH SARVAVRIKSHAANAAM DEVARSHEENAAM CHA NAARADAH; GANDHARVAANAAM CHITRARATHAH SIDDHAANAAM KAPILO MUNIH. Among the trees (I am) the peepul; among the divine sages I am Narada; among Gandharvas I am Chitraratha; among the perfected the sage Kapila. X.27. UCCHAIHSHRAVASAMASHWAANAAM VIDDHI MAAMAMRITODBHAVAM; AIRAAVATAM GAJENDRAANAAM NARAANAAM CHA NARAADHIPAM. Know Me as Ucchaisravas, born of nectar among horses; among lordly elephants (I am) the Airavata; and among men, the king.



///////////////////THE WIKI HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE IN 200 WORDS OR LESS
By Eric Schulman
Quantum fluctuation. Inflation. Expansion. Strong nuclear interaction. Particle-antiparticle annihilation. Deuterium and helium production. Density perturbations. Recombination. Blackbody radiation. Local contraction. Cluster formation. Reionization? Violent relaxation. Virialization. Biased galaxy formation? Turbulent fragmentation. Contraction. Ionization. Compression. Opaque hydrogen. Massive star formation. Deuterium ignition. Hydrogen fusion. Hydrogen depletion. Core contraction. Envelope expansion. Helium fusion. Carbon, oxygen, and silicon fusion. Iron production. Implosion. Supernova explosion. Metals injection. Star formation. Supernova explosions. Star formation. Condensation. Planetesimal accretion. Planetary differentiation. Crust solidification. Volatile gas expulsion. Water condensation. Water dissociation. Ozone production. Ultraviolet absorption. Photosynthetic unicellular organisms. Oxidation. Mutation. Natural selection and evolution. Respiration. Cell differentiation. Sexual reproduction. Fossilization. Land exploration. Dinosaur extinction. Mammal expansion. Glaciation. Homo sapiens manifestation. Animal domestication. Food surplus production. Civilization! Innovation. Exploration. Religion. Warring nations. Empire creation and destruction. Exploration. Colonization. Taxation without representation. Revolution. Constitution. Election. Expansion. Industrialization. Rebellion. Emancipation Proclamation. Invention. Mass production. Urbanization. Immigration. World conflagration. League of Nations. Suffrage extension. Depression. World conflagration. Fission explosions. United Nations. Space exploration. Assassinations. Lunar excursions. Resignation. Computerization. World Trade Organization. Terrorism. Internet expansion. Reunification. Dissolution. World-Wide Web creation. Composition. Extrapolation?
- - -
(The non-wiki version of this piece was the inspiration for the book A Briefer History of Time and led to the Annals of Improbable Research Universal History Translation Project. Reprinted from the AIR, Volume III, Number 1, January/February 1997, page 27.)



///////////////////////Make A New Friend Day [Feb 11]



///////////////////Clean Out Your Computer Day [Feb 11]



//////////////////ATTITUDE=OUTCOME



//////////////////

No comments: