Thursday 20 March 2008

HS STEP CRSS

//////////////////WELLNESS How to eat less when snackingDon't take the whole box of crackers (or container of other snacks) with you to the computer desk for a pre-meal snack. Instead take a handful and return if you're still hungry. You'll eat much less than if you had taken them all with you in the first place.



//////////////////////COOKING How to make broccoli taste goodRight after I married my wife, she got me to try ketchup on my broccoli. I thought it sounded repulsive, but I agreed to try it once. It was so delicious that I've been eating steamed broccoli that way ever since - including tonight!




////////////////////Happily Marrieds Have Lower Blood Pressure than Social SinglesHappily married adults have lower blood pressure than singles with supportive social networks. Both men and women in happy marriages scored four points lower on 24-hour blood pressure than single adults. Having supportive friends did not translate into improved blood pressure for singles or unhappily marrieds. (Embargo expired on 20-Mar-2008 at 00:00 ET)Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 20-Mar-2008—Brigham Young University


//////////////////

No comments: