Wednesday 17 July 2013

GUMSHUDA TALASH

////////////////MULE RESCUED UKHAND- SALUTN


/////////////////////////Happiness researcher and positive psychologist Ilona Boniwell completed a study of over 1,000 people in the UK, asking, “What does happiness mean to you?” What was interesting is that 56% of the respondents equated happiness with contentment.
According to the dictionary, contentment is “accepting things as they are.” Another interpretation is “mental or emotional satisfaction and foremost, a peace of mind.” When survey participants were asked what contributed to their contentment, Dr. Boniwell received very practical and down-to-earth replies.
“For me, happiness is about personal tranquility.”
“Happiness is going to sleep peacefully and waking up the next day.”
“It’s about being at peace with the way things are going.”
“Happiness is when you are ok inside about where you are and who you are.”
“Happiness is taking the dog for a walk.”




/////////////////////Martin Seligman is considered the “father of positive psychology.” He writes about a wonderful technique in his book, Authentic Happiness. He calls it the “Gratitude Visit.” It goes like this: Pick a person in your life whom you’d like to thank, someone who has meant a lot to you. Write this person a letter. After you’ve written it, call the person and ask to visit. Read the letter aloud when you are face to face.
One woman I spoke with did a version of this at her mom’s funeral. She went up to every friend and relative who had been close to her mother and shared a positive memory. “My mom had many wonderful friends during her lifetime and had equally wonderful stories about them. I felt like I was channeling my mom and her immense gratitude for life as I shared these moments with her loved ones who were still here. It helped me immeasurably in overcoming my grief and loss. My mom still feels very close to me because of this experience.”



/////////////////////////

No comments: