Tuesday 3 August 2021

BCSI XDRHHEA CRSS

 

Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness; I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it.” 
 

-- Soren Kierkegaard, letter, 1847


##################
DISRAELI 
"I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best."

##############
B we have to choose between endless suffering and permanent liberation. Do we remain with the ignorance of self-grasping and self-cherishing? Or do we strive to realize the true nature of reality? On paper it may seem an easy decision to make – but to succeed we need a deep understanding of the wisdom realising emptiness 

##############



#################

Life is a sum of all your choices.
- Albert Camus

####################



HERMANN P 


################

You bring out the bestin yourself by looking forthe best in others.~ Gene Bedley


##################

Breathing: A poem by Thich Nhat Hanh
from his collection of poetry Call Me by my True Names


Breathing in, I see myself as a flower.
I am the freshness
of a dewdrop.
Breathing out,
my eyes have become flowers.
Please look at me.
I am looking
with the eyes of love.

Breathing in, I am a mountain,
imperturbable,
still,
alive, vigorous.
Breathing out,
I feel solid.
The waves of emotion
can never carry me away.

Breathing in,
I am still water.
I reflect the sky
faithfully. Look, I have a full moon
within my heart,
the refreshing moon of the bodhisattva.
Breathing out, I offer the perfect reflection
of my mirror-mind.

Breathing in,
I have become space
without boundaries.
I have no plans left.
I have no luggage.
Breathing out, I am the moon
that is sailing through the sky of utmost emptiness.
I am freedom.



##########################



####################



###################

The butterfly counts not monthsbut moments, and has time enough.~ Rabindranath Tagore

#######################


#####################

No energy is ever lost in the cosmic scheme. - G.I. Gurdieff.
.
ENTANGLEMENT
.
In a closed system there is no loss of energy despite the reactive exchange (E=IR).
This is the 1st law of thermodynamics.
The Quantum is the ONLY closed system: unlimited energy for the least time (Planck's constant).
The universe is the secondary result of Quantum repetition but no matter the output the Quantum remains unchanged (cyclic to linear).
.
.
All being One is the essence of life and the Quantum is an ongoing reaction to the resistance that caused the break with unity/One/eternity.
The repetition continues until the secondary reconciles the primary.
.
.
The Quantum is a complete closure repeating from the beginning of time to produce a tangled inter-play of secondary emissions for the purpose of reconciliation.
Everything that has ever been is here now changing form as it seeks the cause of its being.
.
Entanglement is an inevitable feature of reality.
.
.
Offered by Tom Kitt.

#####################
Bottom line...? Don't get tripped up by conceptual thinking. Every moment is fresh, and thoughts about it, prejudices, judgements, and hopes for are...distractions. Be Here Now.

######################

B "One of the phrases we chant is, Sabbe sattā averā hontu: May all beings be free from animosity. The word animosity here, vera in Pali: It’s hard to get a precise equivalent in English. It’s basically the animosity that comes when two people have been mistreating each other and they just keep going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. “You did it to me, now I’m going to do it to you”: that kind of attitude. It’s very closely related to the desire to get revenge. And this can go on for lifetime after lifetime.
This is why an important part of goodwill [mettā] is also forgiveness. There was an article recently saying that forgiveness has no role in the teaching of kamma. It’s true that your forgiving someone else for having abused you is not going to erase their kamma. You’re not the owner of their kamma. But forgiveness does help avoid future unfortunate actions. You realize that this back-and-forth has gone on long enough, you’re not going to try to continue it, you’re not going to try to get back at the other person. So you forgive them for the last instance, and make up your mind that you’re going to pose them no danger. The word abhaya, at least in Thai, is used to mean forgiveness. It literally means danger-free."
~ Thanissaro Bhikkhu "Understanding Goodwill & Equanimity" (Meditations10)

####################
"The Buddha says that you don’t go to heaven or to hell because of other people’s actions. Yet all too often we find ourselves in our own mental heaven or hell because of what someone else did. Actually, though, we’re the ones who create that heaven and hell. It’s through our own actions that we take what they did, what they said, or even what we think they thought, and turn it into our own private heaven or our own private hell."
~ Thanissaro Bhikkhu "Other People"

"Your primary responsibility is what you’re genuinely responsible for, i.e., your own choices, what you do and what you choose to tell other people to do. Make sure that those choices are skillful. If everybody looked after this one issue, the world would settle down. Our problem is we’re trying to straighten everybody else out by imposing our ideas of justice without straightening ourselves out first."
~ Thanissaro Bhikkhu "Justice vs. Skillfulness" (Meditations8)


####################
PANTHEISM
"I come into the peace of wild things
who do not take their lives with forethought of grief.
For a time I rest in the grace of the world,
and am free."
~Wendell Berry

Under the pavement the dirt is dreaming of grass." ~Wendell Berry

We are as much alive as we keep the Earth alive." . . . ~Chief Dan George

SPONGE 890MYA

This newly published discovery pushes back the earliest animal life on Earth by 230 million years, from 660 million years ago to 890 million years. The new dating suggests that sponges were the earliest animals on earth, and corresponds with genetic studies

####################

No comments: