Sunday 24 September 2023

Rd bk SQ21

My husband, Bill, likes to say that the best basketball coaches were not
typically the best players. Gifted players often seem to “just know” how to
handle the ball, move through the opposing team, or land a lay-up. The best
coaches typically struggled as players. They had to drill and practice to get
their free throws right. They had to study the formations and watch hours of
recorded game plays to get the feel for where to be on the floor. They made
up, with effort, for what other more natural players seemed to “just know.”
And they make good coaches because they can show others the slow and
steady way to practice and drill the skills. Bill says this to encourage me as
I work on myself and as I seek to help others on the path. I believe that I am
able to coach others because I had to work hard to learn what I have
learned

No comments: