Tuesday 26 October 2021

MAYA ANITTA

 MAYA ANITTA

######################

Consider another everyday experience. Squeezed into seat 36F on a bumpy, two-hour flight after having had my morning cappuccino, I feel pressure building up in my bladder. By the time I get to a bathroom in the terminal, the urge to pee becomes almost unbearable 11—finally, I consciously feel the urine flowing, together with a mildly pleasurable sensation as the pressure is relieved. But beyond that, I can’t introspect further. I can’t decompose these sensations into more primitive atomic elements. I can’t get past the “veil of the Maya,” to adopt Hindu parlance. My introspective spade has hit impenetrable bedrock. 12 And I certainly never experience the synapses, neurons and the other stuff inside my skull that constitutes the physical substrate of any experience. That level is completely hidden to me.


##################### 

CK Finally, consider a rare class of conscious states: mystical experiences common to many religious traditions, whether Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, or Hindu. These are characterized as having no content: no sounds, no images, no bodily feelings, no memories, no fear, no desire, no ego, no distinction between the experiencer and the experience, the apprehender and the apprehended (nondual).


#########################


####################


######################



########################

According to Espín and Nickoloff, referring to monism, "nondualism" is the thought in some Hindu, Buddhist and Taoist schools, which, generally speaking, "teaches that the multiplicity of the universe is reducible to one essential reality."

#####################



No comments: