Sunday 10 July 2022

DTR CRSS X HAMO HEAL AND MV ON X BBA

 


A


Mr. Kishorilal, an officer of the Railway Board, Government of India, hails from Delhi. He looks simple, gentle and dignified in behaviour. He has gastric ulcer and has arranged for his board and lodging in the town.
Five years ago he took up the study of devotional literature. He is a bhakta of Sri Krishna. He could feel Krishna in all that he saw. Krishna often appeared to him and made him happy. His work was going on
without any effort on his part. Everything seemed to be done for him by Krishna himself.
Later he came in contact with a Mahatma who advised him to study Vedanta and take to nirakara upasana, i.e., devotion to formless Being. He has since read about seven hundred books of philosophy and Vedanta, including the Upanishads, Ashtavakra, Avadhuta and Srimad Bhagavad GitaSrimad Bhagavad Gita. He has also studied Sri Bhagavan’s works in English and is much impressed by them.
Once when he was in the jaws of death, no other thought haunted him but that he had not yet visited Sri Bhagavan in his life. So he has come here on a short visit. He prays only for Sri Bhagavan’s touch and His Grace.
The Master said to him: atmaivaham gudakesa, i.e., I am Atman; Atman is the Guru; and Atman is Grace also. No one remains without the Atman. He is always in contact. No external touch is necessary.
D.: I understand. I do not mean external touch.
M.: Nothing is more intimate than the Atman.
D.: Again Sri Krishna appeared to me three months back and said, “Why do you ask me for nirakara upasana? It is only sarva bhutesu cha atmanam sarva bhutani cha atmani. (The Self in all and all in the Self.)
M.: That contains the whole truth. Even this is oupacharika (indirect).
There is in fact nothing but the Atman.
The world is only a projection of the mind. The mind originates from the Atman. So Atman alone is the One Being.
D.: Yet it is difficult to realise.
M.: There is nothing to realise. It is nitya suddha buddha mukta (the Eternal, pure, aware and liberated) state. It is natural and eternal.
There is nothing new to gain. On the other hand a man must loose his ignorance.
That is all.
This ignorance must be traced to its origin. To whom is this ignorance?
Of what is one ignorant?
There are the subject and the object.
Such duality is characteristic of the mind. The mind is from the Atman.
D.: Yes. Ignorance itself cannot exist.
(He finally surrendered saying,
“Just as a doctor learns what is wrong with the patient and treats him accordingly, so may Sri Bhagavan do with me”. He also said that he had lost all inclination to study books and learn from them.)
Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi,104

A

Bad diet and lack of exercise. This is my husband. He’s 70 1/2. He walks or hikes at least 10,000 steps a day, often many more than that. He also uses 15–25 lb hand weights every day, several times a day. We eat strict Keto, one meal a day. We don’t eat fast food, packaged or processed foods, and very rarely eat at a restaurant. If we do, it’s steaks and low-carb veggies or brisket with no bbq sauce.

I’m 68. I don’t walk quite as much as he does, but I usually hit 10,000 steps 3–4 times a week when we go hiking and around 5000 the other days. I also do weight training exercises with resistance bands and a curl bar, but I’ve just recently started that. We also went zip lining for my birthday a few days ago for the very first time. We were the oldest couple there and we did great.

We are far from frail and are more fit and active than some of our kids and even grandkids.

The best quote I’ve seen on Quora, somewhat paraphrased, is this one. “There are no age limits in hiking. Elevation may change, terrain might differ as well as distance, but if you keep moving, no one can push you in a hole and throw dirt on you…”

Age is just a number. You decide how you live it.


A

A dying old man said to his doctor while on the sick bed " Doctor, don’t worry. I know I am going to die. I didn’t want to come here but they brought me here.


Please don’t worry about me, look at my hair, they are gone. I am so old but you are so young. I have learnt a lot from life, if you don’t mind I will tell you some of them before I die.

When I was 4 years, I use to think the world is about me. When I turned 14, I wanted to rule the world. I thought I would be the greatest man that ever lived. When I was 21, I wanted to be the richest man, when I was 25, I wanted to find love, when I was 40, I wanted to be helpful to everyone. Now that I am here, I want to die. You see, I wanted so many things at so many times. Most importantly, I wanted to be happy. I thought the best way to be happy is to listen to others.

When I wanted to enter the University, I wanted to study Zoology but everyone said I should study Engineering that I will be a great Engineer. So I listened to them. I had no one to pay my fees, I had to work and also pay my fees. In my third year, I couldn’t cope with my studies, I had to drop. When I dropped, the same people told me "you should have studied Zoology"!

When I turned 28, everyone said I should marry. That I needed a wife. So I listened to them, I got married. 6 years into the marriage, I caught my wife sleeping with my neighbour. I asked her why and she slapped me. I was angry and didn’t say anything. The next day I returned from work, she had run away with my children, now I am dying a lonely man.

At 40, I got a huge contract. My name was in the news. The next day, all my friends and families were at my house, everyone had a serious problem. Within one week, I spent all the money on them with the promise that they will pay back. I could not complete the contract because they refused to return the money as promised. So I was sent to jail for 6 years. I stayed in jail and I came out. When I came out, they were nowhere.

There was one mistake I made through all this time. Now it is clear to me. Let me tell you about it. I refused to listen to myself. I ignored my own self and listen to others. Now that I am here the only person that is with me is myself.

You see, it is very good to listen to others. It is very wise to seek advice from others. But it is very dangerous to ignore your own self. It is very very dangerous to refuse to pay attention to your heart.

When you get home this night, sit down, take a glass of water. Close your eyes if you want or open it if you want, then talk to yourself, reason with yourself. You can walk down the road alone and as you walk, begin to talk to yourself.

The only person that can overrule yourself is God, after God, listen to yourself next. I know it may not make sense to you now but always remember I told you

LEARN TO LISTEN TO YOURSELF.


A

Acollection of immortal teachings of Hindu religion...

That which exists is One, sages call it by different names.

The highest knowledge arises from an inquiry into the meaning of Vedanta. By this knowledge, all sorrows of birth and death vanish.

Karma and the resulting rebirth are the only reasonable explanations of life as well as the powers, justness and mercy of God. Life can be understood only on the assumption that each existence is bearing the penalty or enjoying the fruit of vice or virtue in some former life, as this is the only logical explanation or the disparity between people, their environment and their experiences. No deed, small or big, good or bad, can be without effect. This is the law of karma. Thus karma makes man the creator of his own destiny. As there is disparity between people at birth itself, the cause must have preceded birth; which logically establishes the fact of  rebirth.

Faith, devotion, and the practice of meditation – these, according to scriptures, help a seeker attain liberation. Whoever pursues these is liberated from the bondage of the body mysteriously forged by ignorance.

There is only one thing real in the universe, which Advaita Vedanta calls Brahman; everything else is unreal, manifested and manufactured out of Brahman by the power of Maya. To reach back to that Brahman is our goal. We are, each one of us, that Brahman, that Reality, plus this Maya. If we can get rid of this Maya or ignorance, then we become what we really are.

The true nature of things is to be known personally, through the eye of clear illumination, and not through a sage; what the moon is should be known with one’s own eyes; can others make him know it?

The first step to liberation is complete detachment from impermanent things. The practice calmness, self-control, forbearance, and complete renunciation of selfish actions.

One who is overpowered by ignorance mistakes a thing for what it is not; in the absence of discrimination, one mistakes a snake for a rope, and faces dangers. Hence, listen, my friend, taking transitory things for real constitutes bondage.

Of the tree of samsara, ignorance is the seed, identification with the body is its sprout, attachment its tender leaves, work its water, the body its trunk, the vital forces its branches, the organs its twigs, the sense objects its flowers, various miseries of action are its fruits, and the individual soul is the bird on it.

The wind gathers the clouds. The wind scatters them. Similarly, the mind creates bondage as well as liberation.

There is no liberation for one who has mere bookish knowledge, howsoever well-read one is in the philosophy of Vedanta – so long as one does not give up false identification with the body, sense – organs, and the like which are unreal.

When the mind has been made pure through discrimination and dispassion, it turns to liberation. Hence, the wise seeker of liberation must first strengthen these qualities.

Sages realize the Supreme Truth in which there are no differences such as the knower, the knowledge and the known, the truth that is infinite and transcendental which is the essence of knowledge absolute.

That which can neither be thrown away nor taken up, that which is beyond the limits of mind and speech, which is immeasurable, without beginning or end, full, and one’s very own self that is of outshining glory.

There is neither death nor birth, neither a bound soul nor a struggling soul, neither a seeker after liberation nor a liberated one – this is the ultimate truth.

From non-attachment comes freedom from delusion; when the delusion ends, the mind becomes unwavering and steady; from an unwavering and steady mind comes liberation.


a

Happiness is a sign of high intelligence, research finds.

People who are more satisfied with their life and their job score higher on tests of general mental ability.

A

Once a bhakt asked Shiv peeta, “what can you give me father?”

Mahadev smiled and answer,

“ I can give you what no one else can:).”

Bhakt: What father?

Mahadev: “Krishn bhakti!"

Har Har Mahadev, the giver of Krishn bhakti!!

Har hari ek hai, bhakt bhagwan ek hai💖.



A




A




No comments: