Sunday 11 November 2012

I THINK, I FEEL, I SUFFER - CNMA BEING JHN MLKVCH

//////////////////////The Textbook of the Universe: The Genetic Ascent to Go


/////////////////////////7.5TH FLOOR


//////////////////////LESS CHARGE ON OVERHEADS


///////////////////////Craig Schwartz: Do you know what a metaphysical can of worms this portal is?


//////////////////////////Craig Schwartz: You see the world through John Malkovich's eyes. Then after about 15 minutes, you're spit out into a ditch on the side of the New Jersey Turnpike!


////////////////////////////Craig Schwartz: You don't know how lucky you are being a monkey. Because consciousness is a terrible curse. I think. I feel. I suffer. And all I ask in return is the opportunity to do my work. And they won't allow it... because I raise issues.


///////////////////////////A major theme in the film is the common desire many, if not all, people have or have had at one point in life or another - to be someone else for lack of satisfaction with one's own life, I'd say.


/////////////////////////..........Ape scene. It makes sense there would be a subtext of sorrow, given the theme of problems with ego and conciousness. This may or may not conflict with Craig's comments to him in the beginning. However, during viewing I saw it more as justifying the deus ex machina.


////////////////////////////

No comments: